Salford 2 year olds are entitled to free childcare funding in order to get a head start in education before starting school.

Toddlers and pre-school children can get up to 15 hours a week of free childcare. At Kids adVentures Salford we support this scheme and offer an unlimited amount of these places.

To find out about the full eligibility criteria you can read Salford City Council’s advice here.

Not only is the scheme great in helping children to socialise and learn from a young age but it gives parents free time to get back into training and employment.

Your child will become eligible for funding the term after they turn 2 and you can apply up to 9 weeks before this.

This 15 hours could be used to attend Kids adVentures Salford to take part in our weekly Move and Groove sessions, to access lots of outdoor learning, take part in den building, to enable your child to make new friends and build confidence, or even to take part in our new toddler Spanish lessons. You can find out more about the nursery here.

To be eligible for the free places you must receive one of the benefits below or meet one of the criteria as follows:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax
  • Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • The Working Tax Credit four-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
    • they’re looked after by a local council (fostered)
    • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
    • they get Disability Living Allowance
    • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order

To apply you will just need your National Insurance Number or your National Asylum Support Service Number.

You can check your availability and apply via Salford City Council’s website here.

To book a look around at Kids adVentures Salford with your child simply call us on Tel: 0161 212 4965 or email