Apprenticeships in Childcare
Kids adVentures Apprenticeship Programme
Kids adVentures has it’s own in-house apprenticeship programme which runs across all 4 nursery and forest school settings.
Apprenticeship package includes:
Free £8000 training package provided
Includes L2 and L3 apprenticeship in childcare
Level 3 Forest School Leader training included
All statutory training courses included as standard
Additional £250 per year personal training budget to pursue vocational interests
Laptop provided for each apprentice
Wellbeing package included
Bonus and incentive scheme (clothing vouchers, days out, social packages)
121 support, in-house mentors and specialist tutors
Great progression opportunities in-house
Opportunity to get qualified within 15 months!!
Is this opportunity for me?
This is an opportunity for people who love working with children and want to make it into a career.
Start off with a Level 2 apprenticeship within one of our settings and you could work your way up to management level.
Skills that you will learn will include:
- Planning activities around the interests of the children.
- Learning about childcare development and how this fits into the education framework
- Learning about observing and assessing a child’s progress
- Supporting children as they transition to the next level
- Learning about the importance of outdoor education and how this contributes to confidence
- Promoting and supporting positive behaviour
- Essential statutory requirements including safeguarding and, health & safety
Our apprenticeship opportunities are open to everyone, you do not need any qualifications to start your apprenticeship. You will need to achieve a GCSE or equivalent Level C in Maths and English, however we have tutors on hand to help students achieve this if needed.
- Be caring, enthusiastic and have an interest in childcare.
- Be eager to learn.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Possess a positive attitude and a calm demeanor.
- Have the ability to use your own initiative and problem solve
- Be fun and friendly to be around
- Have a team attitude
- Be ambitious
- have lots of creative ideas
What does the qualification involve?
You will gain knowledge and experience through working in one of our childcare settings. The main part of the qualification will be through building a portfolio of this knowledge throughout your initial 12 months.
You will be supported through this by our in-house mentors and with monthly visits from a tutor.
There will be a final multi choice questionnaire to complete at the end of the qualification. You will be put through for this final exam when your mentor and tutor feel you are ready.
You can expect to be fully qualified within 15 months.